Concept design of a device that generates electric energy from the mechanical motion of ocean and sea waves
The following work represents a concept design of a device that generates electric energy from mechanical motion of ocean and sea waves. In designing process the following issues were examined, explored and resolved:
- Examining the wave’s characteristics along Bulgarian seaside and collecting information for the average length and height of the waves.
- Choosing appropriate electrical generator to work in these specific conditions.
- Defining the basic dimensions of the device.
- Defining kinematics and transmission proportions of the gears.
- Defining the weight of the pendulum.
- Choosing materials.
- Constructive designing.
The design of a Device that generates electric energy from ocean waves has been published in IX NSSTC in Sozopol, Bulgaria 2013:
S. Shumkarov, A. Atanasov, Designing A Device For Generating Electrical Energy From Ocean Waves, Sozopol, IX NSSTC 2013, ISSN-1314-0442